遊子呤 孟郊 (751-814)
Song of a Roamer Meng Jiao
The threads in a kind mother's hand --
A cloak for her son bound for distant land
Sew stitch by stitch before he leaves
For fear his return be delayed
Such affection as little grass receives
From the warm sun can never be repaid
To the best chef in the world
Dried shrimps: 2 tbsp
Baby bak choy: 1 catty
Chicken/vegetable oil: 2 tbsp
Dry shallot: 1/2, finely chopped
- Cover the rice with cold water and let stand for half an hour. Rinse well.
- Likewise, cover the shrimps with cold water for 1 hour.
- Raise the bak choy, drain and chop well.
- Soften chopped shallot in the chicken/vegetable oil in a wok. Add the shrimps and chopped bak choy; stir over a moderate heat until the shrimps start to change color.
- Add the rice and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Remove all from the wok and put into a cooker.
- Add 3 bowls of water and simmer for about 20 minutes.